Monday, May 23, 2016

A Unique Light




Every Saturday evening Mr.T and I watch the Antiques Roadshow on PBS. While not as good as the British show which was more focused on stories than values, the American version is still an enjoyable watch discovering the stories behind the objects people bring to the show. This Saturday I found myself admiring a really beautiful mid-century pressed glass chandelier by Swedish designer Erik Holland. The chandelier consists of pressed glass squares in different colours all embossed with shapes from the zodiac in different colours. Although I have never really been enamoured of mid-century design, lets face it I grew up with in people's basements after they tired of it in the 1960s and 1970s this chandelier was so unique and oddly pretty I have been unable to get it out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment