Monday, June 13, 2016

No More of this Shit

http://outtakeonline.com/uploaded_images/homophobia-739571.jpg
In the wake of the murders in Florida I find myself angry. Angry at the responses by straight people who refuse to name the act as a product of homophobia. Calling it anything but homophobia diminishes the act and our lives. I am angry at people who refuse to recognize their responsibility and culpability in propagating hatred that leads to violence. I am angry at the call for prayers or vigils and the platitudes offered in the face of murder. I am angry that our lives are devalued. I am angry that the safe places we had to create to protect us from the homophobic heteronormative society continue to place us at risk. I am angry that we continue to have to deal with this shit, that we fight the same battles over and over. No mo o this shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment