Friday, July 28, 2017

A New Bed and shelf


On Monday I spent most of the day puttering around the house building a new bed out of left over lumber from my rebuilt workbench. Using some 2x4's and deck screws I built a simple frame and legs for the bed then covered it with some pine boards as slats. It came together easily and gives me a more sturdy bed for sleep. After reading online I replaced a couple of the screws, those between the legs and the frame with some hex bolts. While it still needs to sanded and painted, a simple white, I am happy with how it turned out. 


Later in the week I took an extra pine slat and made a shelf over the bed replacing a wooden box I had as a nightstand. While it also needs to sanded and painted it made a nice addition to the bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment