Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Home Again



After a little more than a week I caught a train back home this afternoon from London to Toronto. My Mum was discharged from the hospital on Friday and I wanted to stay for the weekend to ensure that all the Home Care we had arranged for would actually work for her. Because it was a long weekend I stayed until Tuesday, catching the train back. The whole process has been difficult for us all. My Mum is dealing with a loss of her independence and a recurring nerve pain from her bout with shingles. As a care giver it has been difficult for me, staying in her home, which she has made comfortable for her, but not for me. I am glad to be back in my home, at least for awhile while the Home Care we put in place helps regain her strength and independence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment